For golfers, the beach provides a more effective training ground than any of the most high-tech gym imaginable. It is a natural playground of which we have an abundance on the Sunshine Coast and offers so much to everyone from top players in the professional ranks right down to your average club golfer.
Our beach training sessions have been designed in consultation with leading golf physiotherapist, Ramsay McMaster, who created the beach training program to assist golfers gain a greater level of golf specific training.
5 Reasons Why Golfers Should Hit the Beach
1) Sand moves and shifts and the body needs to react in order to keep balance and work effectively. Balance and core muscles are key in the golf swing and these are continually tested and worked when training on sand.
2) Working through bare hands and feet helps to give golfers a better feel as a result of the texture of the sand and the direct contact with skin.
3) Using mind/body co-ordination drills creates a mental challenge while the body is under physical stress, which translates well to pressure situations on the course.
4) Sand is non-weight bearing and offers a natural cushioning for joints. The body is under considerably less impact strain than training on hard surfaces.
5) It’s a natural environment with which golfers can identify easily.
Copyright © 2012 Twin Waters Golf Academy